Health and Safety Policy Statement
Our website address is: https://solispanelbeaters.co.nz/privacy-policy/
The Managing Directors along with the Management team at Solis Panelbeaters Ltd is committed to maintaining a conscientious working environment ensuring the continued safety and health of all our employees and other persons in the workplace.
Health and safety is everyone’s business, and everyone is expected to share in our commitment to avoid incidents, which may cause personal injury, property damage or loss of any kind.
Solis Panelbeaters Ltd is committed to creating a safe working environment and a positive culture for all employees and that includes protecting them from bullying and harassment.
Every employee is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own welfare and that of their co-workers or any other persons within the working environment. Respect shall be shown at all times.
We will ensure the safety of employees by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- Providing facilities and necessities for health and safety
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe and maintained at all times
- Ensuring all employees (including sub-contractors), and other people at (or in the vicinity) of the work place are not exposed to unmanaged or uncontrolled hazards.
- Developing and continually improving/implementing emergency and evacuation procedures.
- All employees shall be able to recognise bullying and harassment and know what action to take to report and rectify any incidents
- Ensure all relevant legislation, code of practice and health & safety procedures are reviewed and complied with at all times.
- The health and safety system shall be reviewed at least once a year, with emergency evacuation practices being completed at 6 monthly intervals.
- A nil tolerance policy shall apply in the working environment for workplace bullying.
- Comply with all legal regulations and requirements, as specified by WorkSafe New Zealand.
To achieve this we will:
- Systematically identify and control all hazards in our workplace. Where there are significant hazards we will take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate and or minimise these hazards to prevent injury or damage.
- Inform all employees of these hazards and the hazard control.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and supervised. All employees have a full understanding of their health and safety management requirements relevant to their positions.
- The management team will keep up to date with all current health and safety legislation and requirements so they can ensure all staff and systems are monitored correctly.
- Inform all employees of emergency and evacuation procedures. Maintain regular emergency evacuation practices (every six months).
- Accurate records will be maintained for all incidents and near misses in our work places with all practicable steps being taken to prevent these events from happening.
- Carry out planned self-inspections to monitor health and safety issues.
- Acknowledge and manage any notifications of workplace bullying or harassment.
- Ensure all employees are given every opportunity to participate and contribute to the continual improvement of health and safety with in our working environment.
Michael Kim – Managing Director 1-05-2019